Thursday 16 August 2012

With Hind-Sight

As scores of teenagers get their exam results today, emotions will be high. Those with the results they wished for (or better) may be planning University life or envisaging their great career prospects. Those who fared less well may consider their dreams to be shattered, if so then please DON'T think like that.......

Going back many (many, many) years to my own A-Level results. They were not good. In fact they were flippin' appalling. I can remember a sense of failure, shame and a 'well that's that' mood. But if I had the hind-sight I now have I would have said to myself that day, that the path I will travel may be different than that I had planned but I will travel and I will succeed.

Umpty tumpty years later I have achieved all the qualifications I could wish for, I have had a fantastic and varied career taking me through IT, project management, learning and management and importantly I am happy with my achievements and experiences.

For all you students who may not have achieved the results you were expecting today. Take heart from my hind-sight, see this as your chance to be different, to take a new path, to achieve your dreams a different way or even to form different dreams. Life has many paths, there is no one right path for you, just a plethora of exciting options waiting for you to choose and make the most of.

Live life and live it to the full people!

No comments:

Post a Comment